Rubbish service

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

rockfreak
Grecian

Rubbish service

Post by rockfreak »

Today I get another of my letters in the FT. In this case in the FT Weekend edition in response to their last week's article about why customer service is such crap these days.

It went:
"Further evidence of idiocy down the rabbit hole. I have been awarded a Top Fan Badge by EDF Energy as a result of my many engagements with them. They seem to have missed the point that my engagements have all taken the form of angry emails protesting about their complete inability to get my new smart meter working since it was installed last November".

Does anyone else have this problem? Mischievously, I wondered what sort of computer bureaucracy is involved in trying to get your unfortunate child into Christ's Hospital. Is it easy or do you have to try and get them past the increasing number of Russian, Chinese and Singaporean oligarchs? After all, CH describes itself as an international boarding school these days.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Re: Rubbish service

Post by sejintenej »

rockfreak wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:02 pm
"Further evidence of idiocy down the rabbit hole. I have been awarded a Top Fan Badge by EDF Energy as a result of my many engagements with them. They seem to have missed the point that my engagements have all taken the form of angry emails protesting about their complete inability to get my new smart meter working since it was installed last November".
Apparently the number of Smart meters which do not work is well into the teen percentages and companies are failing to repair / exchange them. I have been trying to get the facts about the meters from Octopus but getting nowhere. From what I (don't) gather if you do not have one you will be charged at day rates no matter when you use power. Also you must go out and buy the latest multi thousand pound phone to match the meter - my Samsung won 't do even though it works - it must be over 10 years old!
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!