Which companies ....?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Which companies ....?

Post by Mrs C. »

Which companies have you all had dealings with, positively or negatively?

I`ll start by saying that we have spent what seems like the whole summer holiday pointing out to ORANGE that , although they say they pride themselves on it - or some such lies, they are absloute cr@p when it comes to customer service and satisfaction!

Too involved to go into details , but I`m sure we`ve spoken to every individual in every department this summer!. And , it would appear , the matter is still not sorted!
The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

O2 have been good, i went through carphone warehouse and they werent so good
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Re: Which companies ....?

Post by Mid A 15 »

Mrs C. wrote:Which companies have you all had dealings with, positively or negatively?

I`ll start by saying that we have spent what seems like the whole summer holiday pointing out to ORANGE that , although they say they pride themselves on it - or some such lies, they are absloute cr@p when it comes to customer service and satisfaction!

Too involved to go into details , but I`m sure we`ve spoken to every individual in every department this summer!. And , it would appear , the matter is still not sorted!
My experiences with my daughters' phones have been similarly negative.

Like Blondie I find O2 good.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

Whirlpool: quite willing to guarantee their products in many countries but refuse to do so in France. I call that close to racist. I had a problem with a severe leak on a dishwasher and the vendor recommended that I ring a local company for help. His reply was that Whirlpool washers do leak and that he refused to come out because I live too far away.

The vendors, Ikea, are worse than useless. It took 4 weeks to get a replacement and their delivery person was, to put it mildly, "awkward" about removing the tap which also had to be replaced. (I still haven't got the damage repaired). They refuse to supply the name of an alternative repair agent; even though it is new there is therefore no type of guarantee and Ikea refuse to give any alternative appliance which is guaranteed.

In the leak incident a cupboard door was damaged by the output of steam. Ikea simply fail to answer all communications about it; they are aware that it would cost me about £20 in transport costs to get a £10 door - B******s.
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Re: Which companies ....?

Post by Mrs C. »

Mid A 15 wrote:
Mrs C. wrote:Which companies have you all had dealings with, positively or negatively?

My experiences with my daughters' phones have been similarly negative.

Like Blondie I find O2 good.
Must admit, my father`s dealings with O2 have been excellent - they`re more or less paying him to use them as he hasn`t upgraded his phone!

Problem here is that I have orange broadband (started with freeserve which became wanadoo, which became orange!) and phones - too much hassle to change everything - although I`ve been sorely tempted!
UserRequestedRemoval
Button Grecian

Post by UserRequestedRemoval »

Vodafone used to be excellent but they are getting worse and worse as each year passes.
Halifax bank plc have some very strange practices.
PC World are total rubbish at after sales care
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

I haven't had a problem with Orange as yet...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
UserRequestedRemoval
Button Grecian

Post by UserRequestedRemoval »

I hve heard only good reports about Orange thus far
Ruthie-Baby(old a/c)
Button Grecian

Post by Ruthie-Baby(old a/c) »

I had terrible trouble with Orange, was with them from Sep 1997 (freshers' week) until last July (8 years loyal customer). They refunded my £150 deposit after 12 months by crediting my account not by sending me cheque as I asked.

Then when I complained they sent me cheque. Then they decided I hadn't paid for the 4 months it took them to send me the cheque, even though I'd sent them each months' payment.

When I queried this, they said the payment had been received and allocated to a future bill and as they previous ones had been paid by the money that was subsequently given back to me.

While this was going on they were cutting my phone off every two weeks. I didn't have a landline (still don't actually) and I to go to a payphone and argue with them.

Eventually I paid them £90, they stopped cutting off my phone. And I moved to Vodaphone. And now I get to see the cricket on my phone. So I'm happy.
Ruth Tyrrell
Col B 90-97
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Trouble is, the Sony Ericsson phones I keep getting are useless...
Ruthie-Baby(old a/c)
Button Grecian

Great Plum wrote:Trouble is, the Sony Ericsson phones I keep getting are useless...
well, silly, get a Nokia.

Duh.
Ruth Tyrrell
Col B 90-97
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

I would, but they don't have 3.2 megapixel cameras...
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

Our probs with orange began when I decided to take advantage of the free broadband offer , with phone upgrade, as it seems a bit daft paying for it when it could be free. Several different people at orange assured me I could do that, being an existing customer of both b`band and phone. But that wasn`t actually true - turns out the offer was for new customers only. Fine we said, we`ll take new contract as long as we can keep phone number - fine , they said - until the phone arrived, and I was told I could n`t keep same number (if a number from a different network can be transfered, why can`t one with the same network???). Lots of phone calls later - all sorted - we thought - but b`band payment taken out of my account this month as normal, even though the new contract is in husband`s name and shouldn`t cost a penny now!
And husband was told he needed to upgrade so we could go onto some special family deal whereby the girls could get loads of free texts a month - he did so - and then was told we had to put £10 min. on their phones each month - not been mentioned by anyone and was certainly not in the details we had about the scheme.

Oh well . Up until then I`d been very happy with orange!! Beware!!
Last edited by Mrs C. on Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruthie-Baby(old a/c)
Button Grecian

Great Plum wrote:I would, but they don't have 3.2 megapixel cameras...
well, duh, buy a camera
Ruth Tyrrell
Col B 90-97
marty
Grecian

Post by marty »

soc wrote:Vodafone used to be excellent but they are getting worse and worse as each year passes.
Halifax bank plc have some very strange practices.
PC World are total rubbish at after sales care
Vodafone are indeed rubbish. I have Vodafone Live! as part of my monthly subscription but it hasn't been working for almost a week. Even when it does work it's likely to freeze and you have go and out and come back in again (a bit like Windows).
My therapist says I have a preoccupation with vengeance. We’ll see about that.