Did anyone see...

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

icomefromalanddownunder
Button Grecian

Re: LNoTP

Post by icomefromalanddownunder »

kerrensimmonds wrote:Why did the drop dead gorgeous (EA) Russian bass/baritone flourish a Union Jack from his breast?
I was mystified.
ITOFT

Maybe he's an asylum seeker? If he is truly drop dead gorgeous, we will take him :D : on condition that he doesn't wear any aesthetically displeasing headgear, and that he is willing to spend time behind barbed wire in the middle of the desert, where hospital treatment is at the discretion of the security guards (reputedly employed by an American firm, rather than an Australian one), not the medics.

Confession: I had no idea what a tla was, and still believe that an avatar is the living embodiment of a supreme being.

Toodles.
Caroline Payne (nee Barrett)
Hertford 6.20 1965-70

Adelaide, dear Adelaide; where the water is foul, but the wines more than make up for it.
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

icomefromalanddownunder wrote:Confession: I had no idea what a tla was, and still believe that an avatar is the living embodiment of a supreme being.
It is, in Hindu philosophy.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Keeping the various strands of this thread together, I am officially a DINKY - dual income no kids yet! ;)

I have been to the Last Night of the Prom on my Grecians. A friend's dad had some influence somewhere and was able to get tickets for the Grecians in the band to go -a great experience!

This Saturday, I was at Madame Tussaud's of all places enjoying Kuoni's centenary party!
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Great Plum wrote:Keeping the various strands of this thread together, I am officially a DINKY - dual income no kids yet! ;)

I have been to the Last Night of the Prom on my Grecians. A friend's dad had some influence somewhere and was able to get tickets for the Grecians in the band to go -a great experience!

This Saturday, I was at Madame Tussaud's of all places enjoying Kuoni's centenary party!
In the Chamber of Horrors, perchance ???
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

J.R. wrote:
Great Plum wrote:Keeping the various strands of this thread together, I am officially a DINKY - dual income no kids yet! ;)

In the Chamber of Horrors, perchance ???
That was our 'way out' of the building - it makes more sense having had a few drinks!
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

You usually have to have been to at least 5 concerts during the season to be in with a chance of getting a ticket.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Does that prat wearing glasses still stand at the front, conducting ?

(Not the official conductor - A spectator, before you comment !)
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

englishangel wrote:

You usually have to have been to at least 5 concerts during the season to be in with a chance of getting a ticket.
That's what I thought!
midget
Button Grecian

Post by midget »

kerrensimmonds wrote:Why did the drop dead gorgeous (EA) Russian bass/baritone flourish a Union Jack from his breast?
I was mystified.
ITOFT
He probably loves us because he won Cardiff Singer of the world the year that Bryn Terfel wonthe lieder prize.
Missed LNOTP this year (at a wedding)
Thou shalt not sit with statisticians nor commit a social science.
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

We are now entering the realms of how many TLA's peeps can put in one quote - I know it is easier thatn typping out the entire word - but some of us have swiss cheese for brains - lots of holes......

Thank goodness Mary you finally extractred what ever that two letter one was - I have never heard of it....or them.......

Am I really out in the Sticks?? I get All the news from Shropshire - and nothing about where I live! yes my friend in Wiltshire gets all MY news - which is also her news I suppose.....

Confused....
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

midget wrote:He probably loves us because he won Cardiff Singer of the world the year that Bryn Terfel won the lieder prize.
The first prize Bryn ever won for singing was at our village Eisteddfod, in the village hall 200 yards from our house. He is very much our local celebrity. He now lives on the outskirts of Caernarfon, I drive past his house frequently.
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
Doctor Smellcroft
LE (Little Erasmus)

Highlight of my year, ever since 1963

Post by Doctor Smellcroft »

J.R. wrote:Does that prat wearing glasses still stand at the front, conducting ?
I most certainly do, yes. And how dare you call me a prat??
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: Highlight of my year, ever since 1963

Post by J.R. »

Doctor Smellcroft wrote:
J.R. wrote:Does that prat wearing glasses still stand at the front, conducting ?
I most certainly do, yes. And how dare you call me a prat??
I'm so pleased you're still enjoying yourself !
Jude
Button Grecian

Did anyone see... BIG CAT WEEK Last time?

Post by Jude »

refer to my title....

I can't believe it has been going for 10 years..... I have recorded for posterity the documentary that covered the 10 years of Big Cat Week - I want more of it!

I'm very feline!!!

:?:
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach
Rory
Deputy Grecian

Post by Rory »

I'm feline pretty good too - better watch out for Shoz tho...