Any Senior Grecians or School Monitors out there

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Katharine
Button Grecian

Re: Any Senior Grecians or School Monitors out there

Post by Katharine »

I seem to remember a Shepheard Walwyn who started in the 1st Form while I was there, tiny little thing. Would this be Lois, or was there another one?
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Lois would be the one. She would have been 1st form 63/64.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
michael scuffil
Button Grecian

Post by michael scuffil »

CHAZ wrote:The School Monitors in my day (1984) got some money called Q Shott: As SG I got something like £7 a term. can anyone explain where Q Shott name comes from and of course if there is still a financial advantage in being a school monitor? My money went on beers at the club!!

If you got 7 pounds, the real value of Q Shott had gone down since the early 60s, when I got 3 pounds, which went further. Nor did we have a club to buy beer at.

I don't know the origin of the name. Was it not in your little black SG book? And was it just for school mons? I can't remember whether I got it the two terms I was a school monitor, or the three I was a 1st P.
Th.B. 27 1955-63
Urgh-My-Pancreas
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Urgh-My-Pancreas »

blondie95 wrote:On my grecians we had a couple of monitors and SG in BaB, and the hockey captain!
(during my couple of year BaB was the girls sporting house!)

One thing i did notice was that some who were made monitors abused their status, managed to find ways out of going back to their avenue house and partaking in house events and marching.
it seem BaB still is, we won sports-day this year, by a long shot too i think, i'm using the fact that BaB won without me as a reasonable argument that i should NOT participate next year too :P
be excellent to one another!
Vonny
Button Grecian

Post by Vonny »

I don't remember BaB being a particularly sporty house when I was there. I personally was very sporty at Hertford but when we moved to Horsham we seemed to have a lot less sport. Or at least the GE upwards did. Maybe it was because some of it was voluntary :? I do remember coming 17th in the senior girls steeplechase one year though :lol:
2's 1981-1985 2:12 BaB 1985-1988 BaB 41