Becomming a New Dep

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Urgh-My-Pancreas
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: Becomming a New Dep

Post by Urgh-My-Pancreas »

haha well i'm glad you all like my hair!
it is actually HALF up, the wind it seems had got to it, though generally it doesn't matter as i have a short bob anyway which is curly, so it generally falls out of place
but nobody seemed to mind my "wonderfully-messy-bright-red-unbrushed-curly-maine-look" so it's all gravy in my opinion!
:D
in fact, my messy and slightly 'out-there' look seems to fit into Barnes B quite nicely! everyone says that if i had been in any of the other houses my relative house mistress would have told me to get rid of it... as it happens miss wilson likes it coz she can find me in the lunch hall :P
be excellent to one another!
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

Urgh-My-Pancreas wrote:haha well i'm glad you all like my hair!
it is actually HALF up, the wind it seems had got to it, though generally it doesn't matter as i have a short bob anyway which is curly, so it generally falls out of place
but nobody seemed to mind my "wonderfully-messy-bright-red-unbrushed-curly-maine-look" so it's all gravy in my opinion!
:D
in fact, my messy and slightly 'out-there' look seems to fit into Barnes B quite nicely! everyone says that if i had been in any of the other houses my relative house mistress would have told me to get rid of it... as it happens miss wilson likes it coz she can find me in the lunch hall :P
the best house to be in...even when i was there I think we got away with more than other houses (or we were just VERY good at it)
Amy Leadbeater
BaB 2000-01, Gre W01-02

Check out my blog http://leadpencils.blogspot.com/
Urgh-My-Pancreas
GE (Great Erasmus)

quick question - what size name tapes do we have to buy?
my mum is badgering me to find out before we go on holiday :P

if anyone knows that would be great :P
thank you!!

x
nastymum
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by nastymum »

Get a permanent marker and buy the tape by the yard from a market. You have to sew this on not iron I am afraid .
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

I think the Christ's Hospital website has some useful info, but nastymum seems to have the right idea.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Lightbulbbroken
UF (Upper Fourth)

Post by Lightbulbbroken »

Hello Everyone.
I know it's not very gracious of me to turn up so infrequently; so more often than not : My sincerest apologies.

Hoping everyone's well and I gather Josh got round to informing everybody that he'd seen us newbies' hanging around during induction week.
However I only got to a computer once or twice during the week, in a effort to complete induction prep, and didn't get a chance to keep things up to speed.
Last couple of weeks have been a nightmare, but now I'm looking forward to a whole summer of work, essays and ostentatious amounts of list making. Especially for tuck-lock essentials.
In another post I shall recount the week, but for now I shall say it was more different and better in many ways than I could have expected.
In answer to Idgie, Gemma told me a while ago that it was relatively pointless to buy oodles of name tapes, as it will take you forever to attatch them, and there is little need if you can keep track of your own washing. Needless to say, Don't put your civvies in the school wash, as it will take FOREVER for them to get back to you. Of course we may need a few labels for the school uniform, especially if we are to be given more than one shirt next time :lol:

Much love
Panny :D
[size=85]You can also find Pan on Facebook, Myspace and Gaia should you so choose. :D [/size]
Lightbulbbroken
UF (Upper Fourth)

Eruresto wrote:And the first blog is up...

I must say, the weather was certainly excellent during IW this year. I certainly made the most of it to Certainly Not Go Up Sharpenhurst On A Sunday Morning! Oh No, Not Me, That's No Allowed! :lol:

Was good though.
Was fine with the exception that the right side of my face still stung on Wednesday when I took a picture of me in uniform, and my right eye still visibly swollen.
I'll make a point of not falling into nettlebushes again.
And remembering to bring several large bags of sugar and some real coffee(caffinated) come September.
:P
[size=85]You can also find Pan on Facebook, Myspace and Gaia should you so choose. :D [/size]
Lightbulbbroken
UF (Upper Fourth)

JohnAsh wrote:Ok, just got my list through. Seems to confirm what you've said, Laura. Thanks for the info.

Mr Boyle says...

"Please be aware that the accommodation you will have for the Induction Period may be in some cases a temporary solution because of pressure of numbers. In September your accommodation will be far more comfortable."

Sounds interesting...I bet I'll get a shed. >.<
Ha. I was the only one who slept on a mattress that week.
And it was very comfortable thank you :D
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Lightbulbbroken wrote:Hello Everyone.
I know it's not very gracious of me to turn up so infrequently; so more often than not : My sincerest apologies.

Hoping everyone's well and I gather Josh got round to informing everybody that he'd seen us newbies' hanging around during induction week.
However I only got to a computer once or twice during the week, in a effort to complete induction prep, and didn't get a chance to keep things up to speed.
Last couple of weeks have been a nightmare, but now I'm looking forward to a whole summer of work, essays and ostentatious amounts of list making. Especially for tuck-lock essentials.
In another post I shall recount the week, but for now I shall say it was more different and better in many ways than I could have expected.
In answer to Idgie, Gemma told me a while ago that it was relatively pointless to buy oodles of name tapes, as it will take you forever to attatch them, and there is little need if you can keep track of your own washing. Needless to say, Don't put your civvies in the school wash, as it will take FOREVER for them to get back to you. Of course we may need a few labels for the school uniform, especially if we are to be given more than one shirt next time :lol:

Much love
Panny :D
I thought school shirts etc were labelled by matron anyway...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
Urgh-My-Pancreas
GE (Great Erasmus)

Lightbulbbroken wrote:
JohnAsh wrote:Ok, just got my list through. Seems to confirm what you've said, Laura. Thanks for the info.

Mr Boyle says...

"Please be aware that the accommodation you will have for the Induction Period may be in some cases a temporary solution because of pressure of numbers. In September your accommodation will be far more comfortable."

Sounds interesting...I bet I'll get a shed. >.<
Ha. I was the only one who slept on a mattress that week.
And it was very comfortable thank you :D
didn't you have to share somebody's floor with someone else?
:P
Eruresto
Grecian

Post by Eruresto »

Yes Hannah, sorry for that injury...not directly my fault but still.

If it's any consolation, I got one on the tip of my nose three days before in exactly the same circumstances.
Joshua Bell: PeA 2002-2008, GrW 2008-9
Lightbulbbroken
UF (Upper Fourth)

Thanks for the consolations Josh, it definitly wasn't your fault, I'm just too clusmy to take illegal trips out of school and not come back completely unscathed. Great View though I have to say.

I was just cross, it wouldn't go away for ages.
And also that my hair hadn't had time to dry in that picture.
So I look even more like a skank.

Lol, I was sleeping on the floor(on a matress) occupying the room of one GE going-on Dep and sharing the room with another New Dep too. She got first dibs on the other bed. Which had been currently vacated because the girl's parents are teachers/tutors or something.
Let's just say it was crowded but comfortable.
And very amiable!
We had little parties, and an excursion for toast and tea at 2am. Despite the security cameras.
Which was fun.

Umm and I need to make a point of actually getting a fob this time.
We had a morning walk for Flynne and Charlotte(Dep+GE)'s Birthdays and half the house went for a walk at 6am.
I think we went around that long round mile thing running round the school pitches ...
But anyway, I got locked out and had to wait 15mins for some juniors to let me in.

aaaaaaaaahh only 4 more weeks! :mrgreen:
Eruresto
Grecian

Post by Eruresto »

Illegal trips? What do you mean?? (also known as ssssssshh!)

Ah yes, your walk - yes, that would be the Mile (not actually a mile). And once again, thanks to all your...lot (thinking of the righth word - mob isn't quite right) for coming in at whenever it was and singing with us.

Bit of Housey Trivia: the Quarter Mile is 0.22 miles long. Thus Saith the Earth. The Earth of Google.
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

I wonder how long the mile (both short and long is) - I think I once measured it on a bike using its speedo as being about 1.1m on the long mile...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
Eruresto
Grecian

Post by Eruresto »

The QM is .22, the short mile is .6, and the long mile is .71.

Thus saith the Earth!