Swine flu - school closing for a week

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

Barnes Mum
Deputy Grecian

Re: Swine flu - school closing for a week

Post by Barnes Mum »

Anyone want to hear a bit of good news? :D Louise managed all night without oxygen, she had to have a bit of a top up this morning but is now not on it all of the time. Her temperature has stayed down and she is much brighter. The physio is coming to see her again this morning and will hopefully be able to get her up and moving about again and shift some of the gunk in her lungs. I'm going to see her on Sunday as they're now allowing visitors again. I can't wait to see the improvement for myself! :D :D There is talk of her being able to go home after she has managed 48 hours without needing any oxygen at all. :D

(And ReallyMissingHer, I hope my daughter didn't manage to pass her germs on to yours!)
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

Barnes Mum wrote:Anyone want to hear a bit of good news? :D Louise managed all night without oxygen, she had to have a bit of a top up this morning but is now not on it all of the time. Her temperature has stayed down and she is much brighter. The physio is coming to see her again this morning and will hopefully be able to get her up and moving about again and shift some of the gunk in her lungs. I'm going to see her on Sunday as they're now allowing visitors again. I can't wait to see the improvement for myself! :D :D There is talk of her being able to go home after she has managed 48 hours without needing any oxygen at all. :D

(And ReallyMissingHer, I hope my daughter didn't manage to pass her germs on to yours!)
That is wonderful news! :D

I hope all the others affected on the forum are recovering too.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
Jo
Button Grecian

Post by Jo »

Excellent news! I suppose it must be the latest antibiotics (hurrah for Royal Brompton!) as the improvement seems quite dramatic after so many ups and downs over the past week or so. I know it's early days but Michele and the family must be heaving a huge sigh of relief that things are finally starting to look better.

Still sending positive vibes to Louise and to anyone else dealing with bugs (I'm just getting over my second cold in succession - that's my normal year's ration in two months! Friends have recommended echinacea and Vitamin C with zinc so I am following orders and taking them dutifully. I have ignored the exhortations to drink whisky :D :D ).
Jo
5.7, 1967-75
ReallyMissingHer
UF (Upper Fourth)

Post by ReallyMissingHer »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Fjgrogan
Button Grecian

Post by Fjgrogan »

Thank God - and the medics.
Frances Grogan (Haley) 6's 1956 - 62

'A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.'
Momto2
Deputy Grecian

Post by Momto2 »

Hooray!!!!!! Fantastic news :D :D :D :D - I did get all excited when I read that she had eaten the piece of carrot and two chips yesterday but this is just the best news and thank you once again Barnes Mum for letting us know.

I hope all the other poor little souls who are suffering get well very soon.
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

Wonderful news. Send her all our love when you see her BarnesMum.
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
anniexf
Button Grecian

Post by anniexf »

Katharine wrote:Wonderful news. Send her all our love when you see her BarnesMum.
And the same from us in Brum, it's terrific to hear of this improvement. Thanks Barnes Mum for keeping us posted & glad your daughter's not too poorly. Also, could you tell Michele she's always in our thoughts, please? Thanks.
Jo wrote: I'm just getting over my second cold in succession - that's my normal year's ration in two months!
Me too, Jo! And the second was/is quite different in character from the first, with sore throat this time but no aches & pains. The cough unfortunately is common to both. :( The thing is, I've had the standard flu jab plus the pneumococcal one (lasts a lifetime, they say ...) but I can't have the swine flu one yet, wrong category or something & I'd have to get rid of this cold first anyway, I suppose. It just won't go! :evil:
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

Wonderful news - thanks B!
And I hope C is feeling better now too!
The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
Barnes Mum
Deputy Grecian

Post by Barnes Mum »

Yes she is thank you.
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

Time to sigh some relief, both for Louise and Michele and for Barnes Mum's little girl! Please give us an update when you have visited on Sunday?
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
Sallz
Button Grecian

Post by Sallz »

Thats fantastic news, Im really glad this set of antibiotics seem to be working.

Anniexf & JO, Im not feeling to great either atm, got my second cold since Freshers :(
Sally Ford
Col A 44 01-06, Thorn B 56 06-07, Grecians West 07-08
mvgrogan
Deputy Grecian

Post by mvgrogan »

So glad to hear about Louise, Michelle & everyone else on the mend.... here, we've all been jabbed so just fending off the usual seasonal sniffles.
Maria Vatanen nee Grogan 6's (6:12) 81-85 BaB (BaB48) 85-87
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

It's already been said but that is marvellous news; pray God she continues to improve.

Best wishes to Mum also
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

Ditto re the continued progress. Louise and Michele are still on all the prayerlists with which I am associated.
Home again, David?
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966