TSG

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

TSG

Post by DavebytheSea »

Those of you using Facebook will have seen Talisker Stuart-Gordon's announcement of her imminent departure from CH where she has been teaching classics, performing house duties in Peele B and running the RAF section of the CCF. For those who have not, I reproduce part of her text here:

"As many of you probably already know, I am leaving Christ’s Hospital at the end of this academic year to go to Cuddesdon theological college at Oxford to study theology for the next three years, after which I shall end up in a dog collar (no unnecessary puns please) as a curate in a parish somewhere (hopefully within reasonable distance of London). My new address is at below …

There is however another development which I need to tell you about. You may remember that some years ago I changed my name (family rubbish, long story, don’t ask); well I’m changing it back (would you believe!) again for family reasons and will as of July be formally known as Talisker MacLeod (personal preference for Tali or Taliska, but then that’s just being fussy!) again, although if you prefer to think of me now as TSG, I really don’t mind! However, you might want to bear this in mind if you ever get around to writing to me since the poor old post man, and indeed the college, may get most confused if you put a name by which I am not commonly known in that place. Fear not, I do not ever intend to change my name again for any reason whatsoever! No matter what provocation offered by my beloved relatives! "

Tali is an immensely popular and dynamic teacher - she will be missed at CH, but will be an enormous asset to the Church which is in great need of young, charismatic priests to enter the ministry. Our thoughts and prayers go with her.

David Eastburn (Prep B and Mid A 1947-55)
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Re: TSG

Post by Great Plum »

Hmm, I met her once on St Matt's Day a year or so ago... I remember her being very ginger and Josh admiring that fact...

Good luck to her!
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
Momto2
Deputy Grecian

Post by Momto2 »

I know TSG has done wonders with my son and if he gets a decent grade in his Latin GCSE (just taken) it will be in huge part down to her perseverance with him! My daughter is very sad that she is leaving as she also has Latin with her; a great loss for CH I think.
Eruresto
Grecian

Post by Eruresto »

I am going to miss her (/you if you're on here, TSG!), but I don't think it could happen to a better person. An UTTER legend; she's been teaching me Latin this year, but more than that I've come to realise how caring she is, having not known her before.

frumentibus eos scies
Joshua Bell: PeA 2002-2008, GrW 2008-9